Mild Jamaican Curry Powder
This curry powder doesn't have any chilis, so it is suitable for children or sensitive people. Add fresh scotch bonnet to your dishes to get the appropriate heat, or scotch bonnet hot sauce if you can't find fresh ones.
- 1/4 cup whole coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole anise seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 5 tablespoons ground turmeric
Grind the spices all together in the grinder, stopping periodically to let the grinder cool and scrape down the sides if it gets too hot. This may take several minutes. When it is all ground to a fine powder, you're ready to store in an air tight container in the cupboard.