Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
Sweet, tangy, and deliciously lemony. Swap sesame seeds for poppy seeds or omit them if you like, the dressing is just as good without anything to get stuck in your teeth.
Prep Time8 mins
Total Time8 mins
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds or swap for sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vinegar any kind of light-coloured vinegar will do
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small shallot finely minced or grated and rinsed with water
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavoured oil, such as sunflower or canola
Whisk together all the ingredients except the oil until the sugar is dissolved.
Then whisk in the oil gradually in a stead stream or one splash at a time, until thoroughly combined. Store in a jar in the fridge for 5 days.